Be A Great Camper
You're away at camp and you want to make this summer the best ever! How can you be sure you'll have a great summer? By being a great camper! And how do you become a great camper? We spoke to a panel of experts--four people who've been camping since they were five years old, and then went on to become counselors. Here's their list of things to do to make sure you'll be a great camper and have a great summer!
1. Be enthusiastic and excited while at summer camp. You should want to be at camp--and show it.
2. Don't be afraid to try new things. Experiment and explore areas you've never tried before. Don't limit yourself to only those things that you know you're good at. You're at camp to learn and expand your horizons.
3. Try to be well-rounded. Try to do your best in all things. If you're a sports nut, now is your chance to try your hand at arts and crafts.
4. Participate. Don't look for reasons to avoid activities. It's never too hot or too rainy to have fun!
5. Express yourself. Don't hold back. Don't be afraid to say how you're feeling.
6. Be willing to be nice to everyone. Try to get along with others and make new friends.
7. Be open-minded about others. Make friends with different groups of kids.
8. Don't make fun of other kids. Reach out and include them.
9. Be independent. Learn to do things for yourself. Have confidence in yourself.
10. Be cooperative and informed! Here are some answers to your camp questions.
Have a great summer camp experience!